Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.

Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: [teacherartexchange] MA Professional License


Date: Mon Feb 28 2011 - 09:38:52 PST

Hi Sarah,

Licensure is for elementary or for secondary-you would need two practicum
assignemnts for duel licensure.

One of the finest art ed programs in the USA is at Maa. College of Art and
Design. It's the oldest public arts based college in the country and has
low tuition.

They have a one year program for licensure for art tecahers and the course
of study is directed to the visual arts.

I have had interns from Mass art and have taken classes there too and the
quality of instruction is superb.

Barbara from Boston

Original Message:
From: sarah k
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 12:20:08 -0500
Subject: [teacherartexchange] MA Professional License

Good Morning Teachers,

I am applying to UMASS Boston to begin working on my Master's. I have
a BFA in art education, my MA initial license in k-8 and 5-12 Visual
Arts, and have taught for three school years in a private school. I am
pretty confused by the chart the DOE has about what track to follow to
receive my professional license; mainly what program to study. I would
like to work on a Master's in Education (without license), but I am
not sure if that will qualify for a professional license. Should I
work on a Master's in elementary or secondary education with a
professional license, to teach art?
If there is anyone in MA or understands how it works in MA, I would
love any words of advice or guidance. I am looking at UMASS Boston
because I can't afford a private school and I would need to be working
while going to school.

Thank you!
Sarah K.

To unsubscribe go to
-------------------------------------------------------------------- – Enhanced email for the mobile individual based on Microsoft®
Exchange -
To unsubscribe go to