[teacherartexchange] MA Professional License

---------

From: sarah k (sarah.kerns3_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2011 - 09:20:08 PST

Good Morning Teachers,

I am applying to UMASS Boston to begin working on my Master's. I have
a BFA in art education, my MA initial license in k-8 and 5-12 Visual
Arts, and have taught for three school years in a private school. I am
pretty confused by the chart the DOE has about what track to follow to
receive my professional license; mainly what program to study. I would
like to work on a Master's in Education (without license), but I am
not sure if that will qualify for a professional license. Should I
work on a Master's in elementary or secondary education with a
professional license, to teach art?
If there is anyone in MA or understands how it works in MA, I would
love any words of advice or guidance. I am looking at UMASS Boston
because I can't afford a private school and I would need to be working
while going to school.

Thank you!
Sarah K.