Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] I feel SMARTer already!

From: Michal Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2011 - 19:35:25 PST

Yes, it was me! I LOVE glogster & all you can do with it! I also use
  with my students quite often (don't forget, a SmartBoard is supposed
to be interactive, & not just a whiteboard for presentations! Let the
students manipulate the board objects whenever you can!). Jeopardy
games, among others, are always fun - just google them & you'll come
up with a ton of pre-made games that all you have to do is alter the
information to suit your purposes. I haven't done this yet, but one of
my goals is to take a famous artwork (think Seurat's Sunday in the
Park - I know, not the exact title, but it's been a tough week & I'm
already brain dead!), separate the images via Photoshop, & have the
students recreate the painting. I think it would be interesting for
discussion on perspective& balance for students to decide if Seurat
was successful or if the painting would be better balanced visually by
rearranging the figures.