Re: [teacherartexchange] I feel SMARTer already!

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2011 - 08:05:44 PST

Rebecca, I don't do much with the bells and whistles, but use it constantly. I
have a piece from art history on the board when they come in every day with
basic info. (three grade levels, three different rotation schedules) I keep
these organized by weeks of the semester. They do a thumbnail sketch in their
sketchbook and we talk about the piece. This takes the first 5-10 minutes of
class. Every few weeks I do a very simple matching quiz between the info
and what they have in the sketchbook & images. It gives me a little chance to do
art history, and reinforces note taking and the usefulness of sketches in note
taking.

My all-year 8th grade class does the western art-timeline in the fall semester,
then in the spring we spend a month on each major non-western culture, Africa,

I have had some frustrations with the images disappearing, leaving the "box"
there, just no image. I also wish the image quality was better, But that's all.

I also use it for drawing demos.  I dont' like it nearly as well as Manga Studio
for quality of drawing, but it sure is convenient.

Betty

Sweet!  Thank you, Melissa!

I see a lot of potential.  I took a training course 2 years ago when
all the teachers at my school started getting them, but of course, I'm
the last one to get one, and I've already forgotten a lot of what I
learned.  Still, I got to play with it a bit yesterday and the
students taught me a lot of cool things.
Thanks for the resources!  I can't wait to see what you've put together!

Rebecca