[teacherartexchange] Fwd: Tech advice

---------

From: Chris Lincoln (artloverlincoln_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2011 - 08:47:21 PST

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chris Lincoln <artloverlincoln@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 8:46 AM
Subject: Tech advice
To: teacherartexchange <teacherartexchange@list.public.getty.edu>

Hi all
I need some tech advice  with a project I am working on as a
fundraiser for my school.  My students have created artwork which
illustrates a blessing they have received in their life (Catholic
school).  I have scanned the art and will be sending it off to have a
hardbound book made.  The problem is one of the students needs text
scattered over  scanned artwork.  Do you know of a free online program
I can use to insert text onto scanned artwork.  Picasa will allow text
but in a rigid arrangement.  I was looking for a program which would
allow me to scatter the text, free form.  My explanation is awkward
but if you know of anything I could investigate I would appreciate it.

Many thanks
Chris