Re:[teacherartexchange] Digital Printers

---------

From: Jerry Vilenski (jvilenski_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 13 2011 - 06:33:31 PST

I have been using an Epson R2400 for a few years now, and it is one of the best
printers for photography I have run into. It uses professional archival inks,
and can print large format photos up to 13x19 inches, which should be more than
adequate for most classroom uses. In addition, I print limited edition giclees
of my watercolor paintings, and have been extremely pleased with the quality of
the output. The key to a good printer, however, is to also have decent
processing software. I use two good programs: Adobe Photoshop and Corel Photo
Paint. Each has qualities the other does not, so it is worth checking both out
so you can tailor your needs accordingly. In addition, if you are processing a
large number of photos, it is essential that your computer has the horse power
to process and store images, so check with your IT people and make sure you have
a computer or computers that can handle such a workload.

Jerry