RE: [teacherartexchange] Quick Center system

---------

From: San D Hasselman (shasselman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2011 - 08:36:43 PST

Gretchen, just an additional note. If you show everyone how to work in clay, and show everyone how to throw on the wheel, and then they pair up and work, IF you have a list of assignments that must be accomplished by the end of the class both in handbuilding and wheel throwing, THEN if their partner is working on the wheel trimming, lets say, THEN they can go work on an another assignment that is one the board whether handbuilding or wheel work. (that was an incredibly long sentence). Anyway, what I mean to say is, with this system no one sits around doing nothing because "I can't work on the wheel, my partner is on it". Basically once they pair up and coach each other, then they both learn faster, and it goes a lot smoother than you think.

good luck

San D