RE: [teacherartexchange] fundraising?

---------

From: Pokojski, Kelly (Kelly-Pokojski_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2011 - 05:14:30 PST

Sounds silly and simple but bakesales at our school raise about 300 each
time we have one. Additionally, we sold candy canes (donated) for .25
cents each after school and raised 150.00.

Also asking businesses to help support the arts is a great help, I
received 1500.00 from one company for our art program (I do not have a
budget...so I raise about 500.00 a year for supplies.)

Also, I require each grade to bring a art supply at the beginning the
year, this includes 24 count colored pencils, crayons, markers, erasers,
glue sticks, foil, masking tape, water colors etc. and everyone has to
bring pencils and two sharpies. I have a basic art program but its
amazing what they accomplish.

Good luck.