[teacherartexchange] Fundraising ideas

---------

From: Mindy Moore (mmoore_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2011 - 02:58:42 PST

Hi Marcia,
Every year I do a fundraising project with my 12th graders. We take old wooden chairs and paint/decorate them. The chairs are then the main display at the school's annual fundraiser as silent auction items. The chairs have gone for between $75 and $150 each. And it's student work, and they students love doing it. We've had the Betty Boop chair, the Hawaiian chair, the Pop Art chair, to name a few.

Hope this helps,
Mindy
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada