[teacherartexchange] The Art Project powered by Google

---------

From: Linda Kieling (go4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 02 2011 - 08:54:31 PST

Maybe others already know about this and have discussed and I missed
it, but just in case!

The Art Project powered by Google features interior tours of seventeen
world famous art museums. googleartproject.com

Select a museum from the list on the homepage and you can virtually
tour it using the same interface style you experience in Google Maps
Streetview. Inside the museum just double click to zoom to a location.
You can also open a floor plan overview and click on a room to
navigate to that part of the museum.

The best part of the Art Project powered by Google is the option to
create your own artwork collection while visiting each museum. As
you're touring a museum click on the "+" symbol on any work of art see
it in greater detail, to add it to your collection, and to open
background information about that work of art. To create a collection
you must be signed into your Google account. (from Free Technology for
Teachers)

creatively,
Linda
(middle school in Oregon)