Re: [teacherartexchange] what not to do at the conference

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 28 2010 - 16:12:46 PST

San D - excellent advice! I have never been able to attend the NAEA
conference, but I have presented at my state art ed conference, as well as
some national technology conferences. If you really enjoy a presentation,
exchange business cards with that person, express a desire to collaborate
further, etc. You can never have too many resources!

When visiting vendors, take the time to actually visit with them. Don't just
run up & grab the freebies. They often will offer additional information
that you wouldn't know otherwise, & sometimes have amazing freebies stashed
under the table for those who spend time talking to them. The last
technology conference I attended I left with 3 t-shirts, five 4gb flash
drives, a hat, an insulated collapsible cooler, & some amazing animation
software, just because I spent time learning about the products. All those
handouts are going to start looking the same by the end of the conference,
so jot notes on them, attach the business cards to the flyers, whatever you
need to do to make those vendors stand out in your mind. I sort my handouts
each night in the hotel into various categories. Do this while the info is
fresh. You will NOT remember!

Take time to tour the city if you've never been there before. Take in the
entire experience!
~Michal