[teacherartexchange] Wayne Thiebaud - Coastal Farms

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 27 2010 - 07:38:12 PST

Here's one of Wayne Thiebaud's newer paintings...Costal Farms (2008).
It's a kick to see the cloud floating but it appears to be floating in
the sky as well as the water from his particular angle of perspective.
You know it's in the sky by the shadow on the farmland but it's
actually painted against the sea. I love his humor. Bunki

  http://www.examiner.com/x-13996-SF-Museum-Examiner~y2010m2d18-
Thiebaud-at-the-San-Jose-Museum-of-Art