Re:[teacherartexchange] San Jose area....Wayne Thiebaud

---------

From: Cathy Gaul (allgaul_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 26 2010 - 16:42:16 PST

Oooh, I really wish this show would come to NYC or Philly or even Washington
DC- Philly art museum only has one Wayne Theibaud. That was one of my
favorite all time units I ever taught in elementary school across grades
1-5, the kids love his work too! I remember getting a big bucket of spackle
to use as frosting for 3 layer cakes the kids drew and then decorated, they
used pastry bags for 3-D decorations!. 1st grade made cupcakes and learned
how to draw a cylinder, 2nd grade made 3-D ice cream cone sculptures with
cardboard yarn cones and plaster gauze, 3rd grade made magazine collages of
slices of pie, 4th grade made 1 layer cakes on a platter, and 5th grade made
3 layer cakes, learning how to stack cylinders. So fun and made the art show
lots of fun to hang that year!