[teacherartexchange] "Personal Thrones" -- H.S. International Crafts student work

---------

From: Margaret Angstadt (mangstadt_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 25 2010 - 10:21:31 PST

Thought I'd share a link to a few photos. Not sure if the link will
work. The images consist of the finished (and almost finished!) final
exam for my high school International Crafts class. Students had to
create a 'personal throne' based on a world culture we had NOT
explored in our class, applying research techniques we had used, and
at least two craft techniques used during the semester.

Most of these students have never had a secondary art course. So you
can see some 'get it' and some are 'getting there'. In this group I
had two special needs students who were soooooooooooo excited about
creating their throne that they practically lived in the art room!

I'm looking forward to do this next year -- the second year attempt
always 'flows' a bit better than the first.

Enjoy.

http://picasaweb.google.com/fivestonesofgospa/InternationalCraftsFinalExamCreateAPersonalThrone#slideshow/5442237845828950642

Peggy