Re: [teacherartexchange] San Jose area....Wayne Thiebaud

---------

From: Sandy Bacon (sbacon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 24 2010 - 21:18:20 PST

I'm so envious of you close to this show. I used Thiebaud's work (cakes/pies collection) along with some of the cakes created by some of the popular Food Network stars as inspriation for my ART 1 students first semester. After a couple of weeks of perspective drawing, they had to design their own cake in celebration of a special day, event or time in their lives. Each cake had to have at least one of their initials drawn in 3-D, have seven layers, lots of overlapping and by looking at the highlights and shadows cast, the viewer would know where the light sources was located. We displayed them in the cafeteria.

Sandy