RE: [teacherartexchange] alternative to linoleum

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ELLEN.SEARS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 23 2010 - 05:32:34 PST

I love using the foam for that - at the same time I hate that foam
(can't stand the smell or feel) - I had younger students use wood glue
to put the foam on blocks... easier to grab for them. You can use them
on clay too. I read in a magazine about someone that used foam from a
garden kneeling pad and a wood burning tool to create stamps - has
anyone done this?
One year I had cut 50 - 75 erasers for stamping. Just simple geometric
designs. I lent them out and forgot about them. One year housekeeping
said "we found some things in the garbage you might like" - the
teacher I lent them to was retiring and threw the whole bag out. I was
happy to get those back... and grateful to housekeeping for grabbing
them. We use them all the time for printing and clay.
Ellen