[teacherartexchange] alternative to linoleum

---------

From: San D Hasselman (shasselman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 23 2010 - 05:11:46 PST

Hi all
  I am sure many of you have done this, but just to let you know that you can use those colorful foam sheets (the really thin ones) to make "stamps" that work great as printmaking assignments. With my beginning high school students we made a calendar where everyone "stamped" a month using multiple stamps. You cut out the shapes and glue it down onto cardboard, then roll ink over them to use as a stamp. You can use many stamps to make one image, or many stamps on top of each other.

  San D