RE: [teacherartexchange] trees

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 22 2010 - 10:01:51 PST

Branches are like the letter "Y" and you can continue "Y"-ing off the
previous "Y" almost forever.

Only when I moved to Florida did I figure out the origin of "lollipop"
trees - palm trees - or Dr. Seuss.

Before I did TAB, I taught a lesson based on Mondrian's
"Gray Tree."
http://www.artchive.com/artchive/M/mondrian/mondrian_gray_tree.jpg.html
We drew a tree and colored in the background with oil pastels.
After the tree, we investigated other works by Mondrian, but that first
project always turned out great.

Jan in Tampa
Gr 1-5

" <teacherartexchange@lists.pub.getty.edu>