Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: [teacherartexchange] trees

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 22 2010 - 10:01:51 PST

Branches are like the letter "Y" and you can continue "Y"-ing off the
previous "Y" almost forever.

Only when I moved to Florida did I figure out the origin of "lollipop"
trees - palm trees - or Dr. Seuss.

Before I did TAB, I taught a lesson based on Mondrian's
"Gray Tree."
We drew a tree and colored in the background with oil pastels.
After the tree, we investigated other works by Mondrian, but that first
project always turned out great.

Jan in Tampa
Gr 1-5

" <>
> Date: Monday, February 22, 2010, 7:59 AM
> I spent a good deal of last week on
> trees, as a little sideline to our landscape project. It is
> like they have never seen trees before. Very frustrating,
> with virtually no improvement.
> Anybody have a good tree tip for middle schoolers (who had
> no elementary art)?

To unsubscribe go to