Re: [teacherartexchange] trees

---------

From: Ken Schwab (bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 22 2010 - 08:56:46 PST

When I talk to students about trees, I like to point out that to show depth in the tress think of three values. The first value is dark for the leaves that don't receive light. When dry, dab on leaves that are bit lighter and will be the leaves that see some light. They are in front of the first leaves. Lastly, you paint the leaves that are lightest and are at the top and front of the others. This will show depth.

To do this with middle school students, you will probably simplify this or use only 2 values, but you know your students and how much they can handle. Just my 2 cents worth.

Ken Schwab
San Jose, CA
artteacherplans.com