RE: [teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: February 18, 2010

---------

From: Debbie Nicholas (Debbie.Nicholas_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 19 2010 - 13:34:45 PST

I have not been keeping up with this strand so I don't know what has
been suggested, this might be a repeat. When working with a group of
elementary students and a drawing program, we placed pieces of plastic
wrap on a photograph and some on coloring book pictures. The students
traced the outlines with a permanent marker. When the plastic wrap is
put on the computer screen static will hold it in place. The students
then traced the lines using the drawing program, it was difficult for
some to move the mouse with the lines on the screen. They were then
able to add color, values and textures using the program.

debbie nicholas
NE Texas