[teacherartexchange] Paper cutter reccomendation

---------

From: Jerry Vilenski (jvilenski_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 19 2010 - 05:36:38 PST

The best paper cutters I used when teaching were Ingento cutters. Stay away from cutters that are made with MDF or fiberboard, because they tend to be unstable platforms over the long run, and can actually break if you push them too far. Ingento makes many models with hardwood tables, and should last many years. These cutters are self-sharpening, and usually just need realigning periodically to get them back into good cutting position.