[teacherartexchange] 5 day blind challenge

---------

From: play2cre8 (play2cre8_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 18 2010 - 18:14:28 PST

I always think it is so funny that I get so much from Quilting Arts
magazine and web site... because I really don't sew. But the issue
out now has an article on a 5-Day Quilt Challenge. Members received
directions each day and had a task to complete that day. They had to
upload a photo each day and in the morning they would get the next
step.
This would be a great on-line activity for a group or even a couple of
high school classes - and it wouldn't have to be sewing - it could
just be altered art/prepared papers. There are pictures online - you
have to be a member (free).
Day 1
A piece of altered fabric was created.

Day 2
The fabric was quilted to a background material with decorative stitching.

Day 3
The fabric was cut up into six individual pieces and reassembled into
anything but a rectangle.

Day 4
The piece was embellished with stitching, beads, etc.

Day 5
Fold, tuck, bend, stretch and mold the piece into a vessel or vase.

Ellen