[teacherartexchange] favorite DVD

---------

From: San D Hasselman (shasselman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 11 2010 - 08:33:27 PST

My favorite DVD to show my advanced students to generate conversation is called "The Royal Academy" It is an indi film produced by Tony Cane-Honeysett about his mother Mary, a former art teacher, who tries to get her work into the Royal Academy each year. Her work is photorealistic and quite good (and some might even say the word "charming"). The documentary is a conversation about what it means to be an artist, and do we need recognition to be an artist, and what is art anyway. Mary by the way is a grand personality that some might even say the word "hoot".

www.marycanehoneysett.com is where you find out about it and you can order it.

The money helps Mary buy supplies to paint and to frame her work.

San D