Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Teen Boys: the Middle Years

Date: Thu Feb 11 2010 - 06:47:41 PST

Great ideas! Here is a link to some images from a project I am working on with my 8th graders. The boys are often a tough "sell", but they loved getting the opportunity to paint their hand AND work in Photoshop. There is a brief description of the project on my blog.

Patterns in Nature: Painted Hands-

Melissa S.

---- watercolorwiz <> wrote:
> Mine like sharp objects. It seems to correlate that the sharper the tool, the more they concentrate. So--
> designing their own currency (both sides) using etched Plexiglas
> building cardboard models using rwo-point drawings as basis of design
> assembling trash sculpture.
> This year my guys created self portraits showing themselves being transformed into the persona they normally hide. The became animals, machines, sports figures.
> Love the guys. They bring great energy to my class.
> ---
> To unsubscribe go to

To unsubscribe go to