RE:[teacherartexchange] "macho" sculpture/lessons

---------

From: Ronda Sternhagen (rsternhagen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 11 2010 - 03:27:44 PST

Surprisingly, I've had great success with both Jr. High boys and girls
weaving pouches for their iPods, cell phones, or whatever. Basically,
you create a loom that you can weave "around" instead of back and
forth, using pins at the top of the cardboard to loop the warp threads
around so when you remove the pins you have an opening at the top. If
anyone wants more information, you might have to give me a day or two
to draw it up since it has been adapted numerous times from numerous
resources. Please e-mail me off list if you are interested.

Ronda Sternhagen
6-12 Art Teacher
Grundy Center MS/HS
1006 M Avenue
Grundy Center IA 50638
319.825.5449 x331

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes.
Art is knowing which ones to keep.
::: Scott Adams :::