[teacherartexchange] ] Haiti pin fundraiseri

---------

From: Barbara Marder (marder621_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 10 2010 - 15:40:46 PST

Hi All,

I mentioned in a previous post that my students created large button pins and sold them for $2 each to raise funds for Haiti. So far we have raised over $700.

Anyone living near Boston Ma can get the button pins from the Recycle Shop at the Children's Museum.

We painted over them.

Here's a photo from our school dept. website:

http://www.somerville.k12.ma.us/education/components/scrapbook/default.php?sectiondetailid=16710

I used acrylic paint and the kids embedded cut paper images of haitian flags, houses, flowers or simply made colorful paint patterns.

Barbara from Boston