[teacherartexchange] haiti houses

---------

From: donnalyn shuster (d_shuster_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 09 2010 - 09:41:05 PST

I was lucky last year to get boxes of scrap Avery sign vinyl rolls that we used here to make pins - instant water resistance! So far our sixth graders have raised over $300 - we did $100 in 40 minutes with a combination pin sale and bake sale at dismissal time. The kids came to us and wanted to do something - so it evolved into an art/food event that our local paper did a great job of covering for us.

Donnalyn in NY