RE:[teacherartexchange] haiti houses

---------

From: Ahrens, Amanda (AAhrens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 09 2010 - 06:30:46 PST

I just wanted to share that our school also has been working on Haiti
Houses but we made our houses out of clay! The clay worked really well
and made the whole process go much more smoothly! I just made the slabs
the kids cut out squares and triangles..attached the triangles to the
square with a little slip. We decorated them with stamps or carving, the
kids also put their initials or last name on the back. Parents and
students enjoyed looking to see who made the houses, and the kids have
fun spotting someone wearing their pin! The students helped glaze all
the houses as well. They turned out great! We sold them for $3.00. The
students and parents loved them, so far we have raised $540.00 that will
be going to the Catholic Relief Services.