re:[teacherartexchange] haiti houses

---------

From: paulette keck (paulettekeck_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 08 2010 - 16:19:39 PST

I've been doing experiments with little groups of houses to see what
works best. So far, the best for me have been sharpies on white painted
chip board (what a pain! - the thick watercolor paper sounds like a
good idea...) covered with mod podge, then covered with the envirotex.
I asked kids to save their bottle tops from 20 oz drinks and I attach
them with a loop of tape to keep them still. When I apply the Envirotex
I have to be careful not to over-do it or I get ugly drip blobs on the
back edges.

What are the sizes people are making? My original squares are around 1". I'll see if I can take some pics and post them...

Paulette

UA Bronx Studio School for Writers & Artists