[teacherartexchange] Optical illusions and headaches

---------

From: watercolorwiz (watercolorwiz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 05 2010 - 02:47:59 PST

One of my quarter-long 8th grade classes are painting 18" square
optical illusions, usinng complementary colors. For the past two days,
one boy has had persistent headaches. I've tried covering most of the
painting so that his field of vision isn't as large; making him break
every five minutes, but to no avail, so I've pulled him from the
project. (He's a really good kid.) What, if anything, would you
suggest as a possible remediation?

Thanks from the sloggy cold rainy Friday morning that today seems to be--but it's Friday!