Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: [BULK] Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: January 29, 2010

From: Pokojski, Kelly (Kelly-Pokojski_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 01 2010 - 06:37:41 PST

I teach art 1-8, and another subject to the Junior High.
I make 30,000 a year with little benefits, health care for me alone
would be 350.00 a month.

I have no art budget, but I do have an art room, I get donations of
about 600.00 a year.

The students have an art supply list at the beginning of the year that
gives us the basics...each class is assigned about 5.00 in supplies and
each class is assigned different items. I do this every year so I have a
back up of materials

Thin and thick markers
Colored pencils (x24)
Water colors x 8
Water colors x 16 colors
Sharpies thick and thin

I go to Target and Walmart to make sure that the materials are easy to

I order paper, art erasers, canvas, acrylics, tempera, blenders, paper
Mache, etc. from outside sources.

Every year there is one or two special projects that the students must
get supplies for and bring in: This year it is 3 bricks of polymer clay
for each student in the 5 and 6 grades and in the 7 and 8 grades
materials to create altered books.

Therefore, the art program can be as complicated or simple as a school
wants to make it.

The last school I was in the art budget was 3500.00 a year for 300
students. And a school in Oakland, Ca has 30,000 for the art, music and
computer departments to work with.

To unsubscribe go to