Re: [teacherartexchange] Need ideas: concept - STRUCTURES

---------

From: Marvin Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 21 2009 - 06:43:55 PST

C. Brown in Va. Beach, wrote:

>Need your creative ideas! I am working with a committee to review and
>realign our Art 8 Curriculum. We are writing a sample unit on "Structures". I
>would love your input and ideas for lessons, artists, activities, etc.
>We chose structures because it was challenging and not your ordinary worn
out concept! I'll share the unit when we complete it. Thanks!

This is not your question, but I started listing:
Structures for an Art 8 Curriculum.

Structures of Questions that promote creative thinking
Structures of Practice with art processes (rehearsal methods)
Structures of Artistic Thought
Structures of Creativity (how do highly creative people think)
Structures of Discovery Learning (assign experiments without divulging outcome)
Structures of Inspiration (what turns them on)
Structures of Art's Purposes (why do we need it)
Structures of Awareness (noticing & expressing both obvious and unseen)
Structures of Focus and Persistence
Structures of Ways to Form Visual Knowledge
Structures of Peer Learning in Art (learning by teaching)
Structures to Assess Art Learning and Growth

Marvin