[teacherartexchange] good group for NBCT middle art

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 21 2009 - 09:56:30 PST

I a couple of years ago I considered starting the NBCT process, but was offered a one person show in a good non-profit space so dedicated that year to making art instead. I'm considering it again, although I admit feeling pain at the art-making time it would take - I just have to decide Once and For All. I'm almost finished with my new studio space, and I purposely made a desk area that I know I will never use unless I do NBCT (I tend to do my writing on my laptop...on my lap curled up in a chair - pay bills on a tray - in my lap, curled up in a chair) I did this because in reading posts about the process, somebody recommended creating a designated space in the house for it. Great idea.

Anyway, I was briefly involved in a very good Yahoo group on the topic, but now the ones I find seem mostly to be ads and spam with a few relevant posts in between.

Can anyone point me to a list or group that is more focused? Or is it better to just dive in?

A relevant reading list would be great too. I'm taking the English and Social Studies subject area tests in April, so I'm reading for that, but after April I can dedicate to a reading list for NCBT.

feel free to email me off-list, I don't mean to take up list time/space with this, I just do not personally know any NBCT art educator.