[teacherartexchange] metamorphosis

---------

From: Mindy Moore (mmoore_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 21 2009 - 04:34:07 PST

I do a project with my 11th graders, I call it Morphisms, similar to what
Judy has done. I write down names of people, place, things on little pieces
of paper and throw them into 2 hats (A&B). Students pick one from A and one
from B...A morphs into B. They find the objects/items that they have to draw
and have to do an exact drawing of the 2. Then the morphing happens. It's
one of the ways that I bring them to abstracting. They do the morphims on 8
4x6 cards and then glue them onto long cardboard strips so you can easily
view the morphing. They love it and it's amazing to see their creativity.
Mindy Moore
Nova Scotia