[teacherartexchange] Digest Users - remove digest from your posts

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 19 2009 - 10:13:37 PST

Attention all Digest users,

When you post the entire digest in your post, you are also including
all of the email addresses of members who posted for that day. These
addresses get archived on the Getty site for email bots to harvest.

I just deleted over 200 Spam emails from my other Gmail account
(haven't transferred my archives yet so haven't closed it). I cut my
Spam emails in half went I set up a filter to block and delete all
mail from my own address. My account was sending me all kinds of
disgusting stuff (all spoofed of course). Getty list members had
posted my other Gmail account in the archives over 300 times for email
bots to harvest. I do know that some of the Spam comes from folks who
sign up for the list (or Yahoo Groups) and harvest the email addresses
that way (as I received Spam on this account right after I opened it
and address had not been archived yet on Getty site. Several members
already posted it and now it is in the January archives).

Also, remember to change the subject line to something that agrees
with the message you are sending. A subject "teacherartexchange
digest" and date doesn't tell us much. Take some time to review your
post before you click send. Is the message clear? Subject line agree
with message? Are email addresses included? If so remove them.

Sorry to keep repeating this.... Your consideration will make the
Getty list experience more enjoyable to everyone.

Judy Decker