[teacherartexchange] more on structures...

---------

From: Kevan Nitzberg (knitzber_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 18 2009 - 04:02:16 PST

Hello,

I have a concept lesson that I present to a post secondary education option
class that I teach called 'Improbable Structures'. I have gathered a
variety of images from online resources including artistic renderings of
futuristic / fantastic dwellings and buildings as well as looking at
existing architecture that tends to fit the theme of the overall lesson, by
such architects as Gehry, Wright, and Saarinen. I also use this forum to
present instruction on the utilization of 1, 2, and 3 point perspective.

You can Google the following for the web sites that I use:

Fred Bartel Collections
Curved Surfaces
Tokyo Art Beat - M.C. Excher Exhibit
Bd - The Architects' WebSite