Re: [teacherartexchange] Need ideas: concept - STRUCTURES

---------

From: trish ackerman (dacke8175_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 17 2009 - 05:57:18 PST

I do a unit on skyscrapers with my 8th graders. we watch the mccauley movie skyscrapers. It is a fantastic movie. and then we do a scale model (2d) on kraft paper of a skyscraper of their choice. They make them to hang in the hall with the tallest bldg highest and calculate the scale for the rest. They are always fascinated by height.

Trish Ackerman
http://artisticjourneys-trish.blogspot.com/
http://pckcsartclass.blogspot.com/
 Core Knowledge Charter School Middle School Art,Parker, Colorado