[teacherartexchange] paper flakes in wax, string art, fractals

---------

From: Julie (picturejbd6_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 16 2009 - 06:43:58 PST

Hi All,

I've outdone myself with all the nursing themed art I've done so far! Now I
have some questions:

Paper flakes in wax... what's that about?
Anyone found a good instruction site for geometric string art? I have high
school age students.
Painting or drawing fractals? Anyone have any suggestions for these?

Any suggestions for mostly 3-D nursing themed art would be welcome too.
We've done "bone" popsicle stick baskets, felt healing bowls, healing
pillows, spinning spheres ala cell mitosis, alternative self portraits with
plaster arms and skulls ala Ben Jones, pastel nursing tool drawings ala Jim
Dine, nursing themed repousse, and clay "intestine" coil pots.

Thanks again. My students are always asking me where I get my ideas and I
have to give all of you credit for inspiration!

Julie