RE:[teacherartexchange] Copyright usage posting

---------

From: Richard Gross (ralight_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 14 2009 - 08:29:54 PST

When I wrote the submission about copyright and fair use I omitted one important issue you brought up… ask first. Your absolutely right to try to get permission for use

Probably the most important thing I said in my posting, is that we each have to make the judgment call as to how we’re going to approach and deal with copyright in our specific cases.

I am beginning to see that there could be set protocols for different use situations, for example, in class only, websites, blogs, classroom handouts etc. By setting such standards, we’d have a uniform way to proceed and this issue would no longer be in question.