[teacherartexchange] Art Budget

---------

From: Deanna Bowers (dbowers_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 13 2009 - 15:10:04 PST

Thank you to everyone who contributed to my plight today. I met with my
principal, the superintendent and another teacher, who is a teacher's
association officer. The meeting seemed amiable. The superintendent is
maintaining that at some point before student fees were ever introduced,
that the district bought art supplies and that the fees are considered
reimbursement to the district for those costs. I have basically learned
to basically just try to spend it every year to try to avoid the
carryover issue. The students keep paying throughout the year and even
after it is over, so that is one of the issues involved. But thank you
so much to everyone for your help! Deanna