RE: [teacherartexchange] art budget/student fees

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ELLEN.SEARS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 13 2009 - 10:37:25 PST

We are part of the core curriculum, but our program is funded through a
$10 art fee - and that is the only money we get from the board.
We ask for a additional basic supplies from families - usually $10 worth
(watercolors, sharpies, ebony pencils, markers - not a hardship in any
way shape or form for our kids - their classroom supplies are anywhere
from $70 to $80) but some kids would have and some not remember to bring
them to class. So we ended up collecting everything and holding as
community supplies.
Then the PTA started ordering pre-made kits from EPI - the materials
were horrible.. so we started collecting money through the PTA and
ordering ourselves.
This year we were told we could only ask for $2.50 worth of supplies and
they had to be from EPI.
So we are losing a lot of what would have been available to us.
We cannot carry over year to year.
Ellen