Re: [teacherartexchange] art budget/student fees

---------

From: Heather Leal (hleal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 13 2009 - 10:03:55 PST

I'm from California and my school has always given me a budget. Are is
core curriculum (sort of ) although a number of our middle school kids
don't get it because they have to have extra math or language arts if
they are not proficient. I get $1,000 a year- I avg. about 200 kids
in my classes. We are not allowed to charge a fee - we are in a low
income area, but that isn't the only reason- we just don't do it. It
has been lower in the past- and currently we are facing big budget
problems, so who knows what will happen next year.
Heather