[teacherartexchange] art budget/student fees

---------

From: Deanna Bowers (dbowers_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 13 2009 - 08:06:52 PST

Hello all.
When I was hired twelve years ago, I was told my students pay $10 per
class for "projects taken home." For ten years, the accountant rolled
over the remaining balance in this account to the next school year.
Since we received a new accountant at the district, she has tried to
take it each year. I have gotten most of it back, but with the current
economic situation, I am being told that the district can take that
money to use it as they see fit...
My questions are:
Do your students have a fee and does the unused balance roll over to the
next school year?
If your students don't have a fee, how much does your school or district
give you per student, or per year?
I have a meeting with the superintendent today, and I am trying to find
out as much as I can from other art teachers.
I use that student fee account to pay for ALL art supplies. Thanks for
sharing, Deanna, California