[teacherartexchange] Please help me talk about you!

---------

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 10 2009 - 06:42:40 PST

I am going to be a presenter at a conference about technology in the
classroom, and my topic is "Social Networking and the Art Classroom."
I need your help if you have a few minutes to fill out a quick survey.
 Please send your answers to me off-list : mamallama@gmail.com

Thanks in advance! The more data I get from you, the more I can brag
about how technologically-advanced we art teachers really are!
*grin* Actually, I hope to get more art teachers in my area involved
in online networking, too. I believe that I am a better teacher
because of it, and am astounded that more of my peers aren't
benefitting from all the wonderful info that can be found through this
email list and other online networking groups and sites.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1. What social networking sites do you use the most with your
students? (Facebook, Second Life, Twitter, blogs, wikis, etc...?)

2. What social networking sites do you use to connect with other
teachers? (Including Teacher Art Exchange! Yahoo! Groups, also Art
2.0, blogs, etc...)

3. Do you use social networking to connect with parents? (For
instance, I network on Facebook, and we often share images and
information about events.)

4. Do you use social networking to connect with other teachers in
your school? (For instance, I network on Facebook, and we often share
images and information about events.)

5. Do you use social networking to connect with other artists,
galleries, etc? If so, please describe the site(s) you use and the
type of interaction that goes on there. (For instance, I network on
Facebook, and we often share images and information about events.)

6. What are the challenges you've faced using social networking?

7. What are the benefits of using social networking?

8. Is your school's administration supportive of social networking?
Does your school have a specific policy concerning teachers and the
use of social networking? If so, please describe it.

9. Are there things that you would like to do with social networking
that you can't do with currently-available social networking sites?
What are some features or changes in features that you would like to
see in the future?

10. Is there anything you would like to add in regards to your
experience with social networking? Here's your opportunity to write
anything you want about your personal experience with it. Thanks for
helping!

--
Carpe You Some Diem!
Website:  http://www.rebeccaburch.com