Re:[teacherartexchange] Mixed Media

---------

From: candi price (capriart0110_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 09 2009 - 18:18:02 PST

<<Subject: mixed media projects
From: Nora Redfern <nredfern@valornet.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 09:05:14 -0600

I'm teaching a textile class in a middle school. While my other classes
do a clay unit I'd like the textile class to do a project that would
combine ceramics and textiles. Any ideas?

Nora>>

Nora,

Why not open the problem up to your classes? Together, brainstorm a list of ways to incorporate fibers into clay, clay into fibers and see what your students come up with. If you let them run with their ideas, I imagine their projects would be quite stunning and unique.
Best of luck!

~Candi in Mich K-5