Re: [teacherartexchange] grading

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (SMILLER_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 09 2009 - 12:37:35 PST

My school district requires that homework is no more than 30%. We're standards based so I have the kids fill out a rubric and judge the work by how well they fullfilled various requirements on a sliding scale. For example the whole assignment is 50 points and each requirement is 10 pts-(-Is your pot pinky thin with rubbed coils and smooth connections? ) It makes it really easy and takes a lot of the subjectivity out of it. I don't mind being an easy grader. I never give homework because they just won't do it.

>>> JeanE C. McIntosh <jecmc1@gmail.com> 2/7/2009 9:21 am >>>
Hi.
I am a new teacher and I am teaching painting as part of my last
semester
of my mfa program.
I am struggling with how to grade art projects. How much do homework
assignments count and how much do each paintings count?
Do you actually assign numbers to these projects or are they just pass/
fail?
I realize this is something I should have worked out before the
semester started
but I haven't. Not satisfactorily in my head.
The professors at my school use a system of intuition.
I would appreciate any help anyone would like to offer.
JeanE McIntosh

-*Scanned by ECSD GWAVA*-