Re: [teacherartexchange] mixed media projects

---------

From: Heather Leal (hleal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 08 2009 - 09:12:00 PST

I saw a neat project once in a magazine- School Arts I think, but not
sure- maybe someone else has the details. It was a clay slab that was
textured- lace pressed in for example, then a square opening was cut
out of it- so it was like a frame. Holes were pierced along two edges
of the frame and served to hold warp threads after it was fired, and
it became a loom- a weaving was done inside the opening. Then they
were hung on the wall.
Sound familiar to anyone? My kiln hasn't worked for years, so I never
got to try it- and I don't know what magazine I saw it in.
Heather