RE: [teacherartexchange] mixed media projects

---------

From: San D Hasselman (shasselman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 08 2009 - 07:55:14 PST

I too like to combine clay and textiles. Here is what I have done in the past:

Clay masks with fibers as hair etc.
Macrame plant hangers with clay pots.
Woven bracelets with clay attachments (I will be posting some of these on my flickr account later on today..the clay is fimo, and some of the attachments are just buttons, etc, but it could give you an idea...my high schoolers loved the assignment).
Clay pots that are coiled and at the half way point, stopped and loops are left so that fibers could be attached and a "coil basket" is continued for the other half of the pot.
Clay buttons made for woven pieces.
Clay beads added to woven or macrame pieces.

San D