Re: [teacherartexchange] grading

---------

From: trish ackerman (dacke8175_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 07 2009 - 09:49:21 PST

Everyone has their different formulas. I use a system of 80% projects and behavior, 10% takehome sketchbook assign and 10% quizzes. I monitor their behavior and if they get a behavior mark during that project, their grade goes down for that project. I didnt have to do that until last year. I grade projects a, a- A+, etc based on following the rubric I make up for each project. It will take awhile before you are able to have a rubric for each project but it makes grading easier. Good Luck!

Trish Ackerman
http://artisticjourneys-trish.blogspot.com/
http://pckcsartclass.blogspot.com/
 Core Knowledge Charter School Middle School Art,Parker, Colorado