[teacherartexchange] grading

---------

From: JeanE C. McIntosh (jecmc1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 07 2009 - 09:21:42 PST

Hi.
I am a new teacher and I am teaching painting as part of my last
semester
of my mfa program.
I am struggling with how to grade art projects. How much do homework
assignments count and how much do each paintings count?
Do you actually assign numbers to these projects or are they just pass/
fail?
I realize this is something I should have worked out before the
semester started
but I haven't. Not satisfactorily in my head.
The professors at my school use a system of intuition.
I would appreciate any help anyone would like to offer.
JeanE McIntosh